Wednesday, June 18, 2008

J.Crew Schmay-Crew

I couldn't help but share this with you guys. It's based on an email I sent to my sister-in-law yesterday to share the results of a recent J.Crew online order.

Now, this was my very first time ordering from J.Crew and I was quite excited about trying on my dresses! I've been searching for a dress to wear to my sister-in-law's wedding in September. I had ordered 4 dresses (as well as a two-piece tankini) and was SO happy the order had finally arrived!

Until I tried it all on. Boo.

Up first? The Whitney Silk Faille dress. I liked this one the best. My only problem? It squashed the crap out of my boobs. Sure, it was slimming and a perfect length. I liked the pink color okay. But where'd my boobs go?















Next up, the Strappy Florence dress. It may as well have said in the dress' description "adds extra badonkey-donk-donk, doubles your existing tummy and overall adds an illustrious 60 lbs. you didn't have before!" Quite unnecessary!















The Silk Chiffon Abigail dress. I got this one in a "fresh aloe" color that really should've been listed as "pukey pea green" (it's not available in that color anymore so I'm showing the kelly green). I couldn't get past the color. Sigh.















The Strapless Pique dress was last. This wasn't really an option for the wedding--more of just something to wear during the summer or to the beach. But again with the boob squashing! Overall it was just NOT flattering on me at all. So sad.
















The two-piece tankini I ordered isn't even worth mentioning. Let's just say it was not a pretty sight.

The only bright spot happened before I got home to my J.Crew order. I was out shopping and bought some fabulous curvy black dress pants from Gap. They're breathtaking!

Ugh. STILL am in SERIOUS need of a new swimsuit. It's so sad that I'm still wearing one from before LO came along! Sigh...

5 comments:

  1. I need a new swimsuit too but just don't feel like spending the money!

    And boo for boob squashing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you can fit into and wear a bathing suit from before you were pregnant! I fear that I won't!

    I liked the first dress best too, sorry it didn't work out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man, I hate when J.Crew disappoints. And I'm sorry your first experience with them was a downer.

    I love Victoria's secret for swimming suits. They have a great selection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was great that I could still fit in a pre-pregnancy suit at first, until I realized it meant that my boobs were back to original size (boo!).

    I ended up finding a sweet new tankini tonight at Dillard's. Can't recall the last time I spent over $100 on a swimsuit but I guess it's okay since I apparently wear them for 2+ years!

    BTW... Sorry for all of the recent "boob" talk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, i know how frustrating it is when you buy something online and it comes to your house and doesn't fit right! Next time try http://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/bridal_shops_dresses.html and look for some stores in your area. I've found it takes a lot of the searching out of it.

    ReplyDelete